Intellectual Property Lawyers
Intellectual property law is a specialised legal practice area and requires expert lawyers. Intellectual property law covers trademarks, patents, designs, copyright, know-how and domain names. You can rest assured that the intellectual property lawyers that form part of the Lawyers Working From Home™ network have extensive experience providing comprehensive, multidisciplinary intellectual property law services to clients in South Africa and abroad.
By identifying, protecting, and exploiting intellectual property rights at each stage of the innovation lifecycle, intellectual property law lawyers provide strategic advice covering all aspects of intellectual property law. Our lawyers, with the assistance of their vast network of international agents, can file, prosecute, register and renew patents, trademarks and designs in all countries. Our expert attorneys also have substantial experience in dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration, and mediation, relating to all areas of intellectual property in many different courts and tribunals in South Africa.
The services of our patent and trademark attorneys also include advice and protection of international intellectual property protection and portfolio management. In particular, our expert attorneys can advise on the commercialisation of intellectual property assets including commercial transactions relating to the acquisition and development of innovative products and services. Commercialisation of intellectual property also covers licensing and franchising.
Our expert lawyers have experience across our key industry sectors: financial institutions, energy, infrastructure, mining and commodities, transport, technology and innovation, and life sciences and healthcare. Many of our intellectual property lawyers, including patent and trademark agents, have, in addition to a LLB degree, an advanced scientific or technical degree to complement their practical experience, combining deep industry and technical knowledge with broad legal understanding.
Areas of legal services relating to intellectual property include the following:
●Trademark searches, filings, prosecution, assignments, registration, and renewals.
● Patent novelty searches, filings, prosecution, assignments, registrations, and renewals.
● Design searches, filings, prosecution, assignments, registration, and renewals.
● Advice on copyright protection and drafting of copyright contracts.
● Advice on the protection of databases and drafting of contracts and policies to protect the same as copyrighted works.
● Assistance with domain name disputes.
● Assistance with vetting advertising matters and use of branding, dealing with any ASA Code disputes or false advertising claims covered by the Consumer Protection Act.
● Advice and drafting contracts relating to franchising, license, supply, distribution, and related commercial agreements.
● Protection and disputes relating to ownership of intellectual property assets.
● Advice and assistance with possible disputes relating to packaging and labelling requirements to avoid unfair competition or Consumer Protection Act contraventions.
● Management of intellectual property portfolios to ensure validity of intellectual property assets.
● Advice and drafting contracts relating to confidential transfers of technology, new innovations, or any intellectual property.
● Advice, drafting of policies and contracts, assistance with transfers and possible disputes relating to the protection of trade secrets.
Contact a top trademark or patent lawyer:
Connect with intellectual property expert attorneys on our Lawyers Working From Home™ platform to obtain preliminary advice on your legal options and cost estimates. Our lawyers care about inventors, entrepreneurs and protecting your business’ assets.